November 14, 2015

First...

http://logbase2.blogspot.com/2008/04/could-you-keep-my-place-in-line.html
Overview

The goal of this blog is to provide error resolution and troubleshooting tips for the Oracle EPM suite of products.  The products will include Hyperion, Essbase, Planning, FDQM, EPMA, Shared Services, Reporting/BIPlus, and others.

The posts will come from real world examples of issues I have encountered while supporting the EPM stack for the past few years.  (And I've had some doozies.)  The focus is more on the structural and software issues rather than financial analytics.

The Title

Thud -- the sound your jaw makes when it hits your desktop after the error is found.  And the errors always happen during the busiest or most inopportune times.  Hence the duress.  So the title is a bit of description, a bit of onomatopoeia, and a bit of tomfoolery.

Background

I started supporting our EPM environment several years ago.  Prior to this I was a Windows systems administrator focused on Active Directory, SQL Server, and Windows servers.  I have been able to use my knowledge of Windows architecture, networking, and performance monitoring to solve some interesting problems with the EPM stack.

I also have a keen interest in automation.  My previous blog, 2ScriptOrNot2, focuses on Windows scripting technologies such as batch files, VBscript, and PowerShell.  I often use these scripting tools when solving EPM problems.

So, what's in it for you?

You will get some useful information for solving your own issues with Hyperion, Essbase, or other EPM products.  Oracle documentation is frequently inadequate, so much of what we need to resolve our issues come from blogs like this.  

The posts will contain the error messages I encountered or detailed problem descriptions so you should be able to find relevant posts by googling with Bing or binging with Google.  (Is bingoogling a word?  It should be.)

And I hope you glean some useful techniques for general troubleshooting and analysis.  I often find I can take something someone else did and adjust it to apply to my specific situation.


No comments:

Post a Comment